Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: AG face coloring

  1. #1
    Inactive Member heidiabigail's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2005
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    Online the face coloring on dolls looks terrible, so I can't really tell what to expect. In the catalogue the face coloring is lovely. On ebay I see beautiful pale face coloring, and coloring so dark it is scary. I am going to get a Kit doll, but I want the delicate paler lips, not the darker peach ones. If I buy her new, will her lips be dark, or light like the catalogue? The one I want on ebay doesn't come with her shoes, so I don't know if I should get her . . . Help!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pm'd you!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member stebbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2005
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Both my DD and I got Kit dolls used without the shoes. I recently ordered 2 pairs of Kit's meet shoes as replacement parts. I think they were about $6 a piece. So if you win a doll without the shoes you can always buy a pair from AG. - Meg B.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member heidiabigail's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2005
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    PM'd you back!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member heidiabigail's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2005
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I forget about replacement parts! Thanks! I may just do that! You have to call to order those, right?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, you have to call.

    And the website, and the catalog, never capture just how pretty the dolls really are.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The computer monitor can distort colors. This is particularly true because you can change tint and brightness. Have you ever compared the colors on LL Bran and Lands end sites with their catalogs.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When it comes to coloring, you never can tell what you're going to get with a catalog order. It's pretty much the luck of the draw. The only way to get the "perfect" girl for you is to go to an AGP and pick her out yourself, or call up a PS, explain very carefully what you want, and have her send a doll to you.

    Best of luck!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •